If you have a driveway or other paved on the concrete surface at your home, it’s important to seal that surface to keep it protected. A good driveway sealer can protect your driveway from water damage throughout the seasons, whether the weather is warm or cold. Many sealers also help to protect against damage that often occurs from the freezing and thawing process in the winter. A driveway sealer can also prevent damage to your driveway from UV rays, helping to extend the life of your paved surfaces. When using a driveway sealer, it’s important to read the instructions thoroughly and apply it exactly as directed for the most protection.
Top 10 Asphalt Driveway Sealer
- USE FOR - Flat Roofs, Metal Roofs, sloped roofs, planter boxes, foundations, ponds, sheds, basements, metal, wood, concrete and more
- EASY TO APPLY - Just like painting! Apply by brush or roller. Use heavy coats to build up the waterproof membrane. You can close the container and use...
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant/Coating is water based, containing no solvents, VOC's or harmful odors. Safe for humans...
- DRIVEWAY FILLER - Jetcoat Premium Driveway Filler and Sealer is designed to beautify and protect asphalt pavement surfaces. Fortified with sand for...
- READY TO USE - Packaged ready to use! When you open the container, make sure to stir sealer to a uniform consistency and continue to stir throughout...
- EASY APPLICATION - To use this premium driveway sealant: with the pavement still damp, apply a uniform coat of sealer. Be sure to avoid heavy or...
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE, HIGH-SOLIDS BLACKTOP SEALER: This professional-grade asphalt driveway sealer protects parking lots, driveways, footpaths, etc. from...
- STANDS UP AGAINST LIQUIDS AND UV RAYS: This driveway sealer shields asphalt from chemicals, battery acid, automotive oils, ice, salts, and UV rays.
- REMAINS EFFECTIVE FOR UP TO THREE YEARS: Thanks to patented additives, this blacktop sealer works for three years or longer, no matter the climate.
- Excellent adhesion
- Prevents water and frost damage
- Water Clean Up
- LATEX-ITE "PLI-STIX"
- Permanent crack filler repair
- 30 ft. length
- Price For: Each Dry Time Tack Free: 4 hr. Coverage: 250 to 500 sq. ft. Finish: Flat Application Temperature: 50 to 90 Degrees F Resin Type: Asphalt...
- Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
- Reinforced for improved traction and durability
- 4x rubberized for longer life
- Easy to stir and apply
- 5-Gallon Package
- Pre-mixed formula
- Great for filling cracks
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US
What is the function of Asphalt Driveway Sealer?
Asphalt driveway sealer has many uses but it is mostly used as a method of protection against cracks harming the asphalt underneath the sealant. Asphalt is normally used primarily to fill in any cracks or holes in the asphalt of a driveway or parking lot.
This benefits the asphalt and reduces the risk of exposing the asphalt to elements such as UV rays and oxygen and also reduces the risk of substances like oil penetrating the underlying asphalt and therefore making the asphalt weaker.
Driveway sealers work in the same way with water as well and therefore in most cases, makes the asphalt driveway waterproof and reduces the risk of water damage to driveways and parking lots.
How to work with Asphalt Sealer?
Working with asphalt can be hard work but when you’re done, you can reap the rewards of a shiny new driveway or pavement. Ideally, you should wait until the ground temperature is 45 degrees Fahrenheit or greater and no rain is expected for three days to maximize the benefits of the pavement sealer.
You should also make sure that you are dressed suitably for the job at hand and avoid any skin contact with the product that you are using. I would suggest covering your mouth and nose to avoid inhaling any of the chemicals that come from the sealer.
When using the right blacktop sealer, it is always a good idea to start at the top of your driveway and work towards the street. Before using the driveway sealer, it is recommended that you should remove any grass from the driveway that is overhanging from the edges and also make sure that you get rid of any oil or other stains on your driveway.
Once this is done, you should sweep the surface of your driveway clean and then hose down the driveway to remove any dirt or grit that has been missed. Before starting to pry off the lid of the tub of asphalt driveway sealer, turn it upside down. This will pre-mix the contents. Once the tub is opened, continue to stir periodically so that the sealant remains well mixed.
The first coat of concrete sealer needs to be very thin with the second layer needing to be applied from one edge of the driveway to the other, in a perpendicular manner making sure that the coats overlap and cover all of the asphalt surfaces.
Finally, make sure you have enough drying time before using the driveway. The recommended drying time is at least 24 hours.
Benefits of the Best Driveway Sealer
The first benefit of sealers is the protection it gives to the overall driveway or pavement that is used on. This is because it slows the oxidation of the asphalt. Asphalt has very little resistance to UV rays and sunlight and as soon as it is constructed, exposure to the air and sun means that it starts to deteriorate.
When the perfect top rated driveway sealer is used, the protection can last quite a while with it being recommended that you only have to protect your driveway every two or three years. As soon as you start noticing cracks in your driveway, that is the time to start using the concrete sealer.
Adding Value & Improving Appearance
Asphalt driveways add value to your home as they make the overall house and grounds look more appealing to potential buyers. Using Asphalt on parking lots and commercial premises adds value to the lot as its appearance does matter when it comes to selling a commercial lot.
Using the right concrete sealer means that you can protect your driveway or parking lot which means in the long term you are continuing to make your property as valuable as possible. It has been mentioned that one of the most important things that potential buyers look at when buying houses or commercial premises, is the appearance of the buildings and grounds themselves. So keep on top of protecting the asphalt driveway or parking lot by using good blacktop sealer is a must.
Another benefit of using the asphalt driveway sealer is the price. Using pavement sealer on a driveway is much cheaper than having to hire a contractor to repair the whole driveway so it makes sense to keep on top of any maintenance that is needed.
Easy to Apply
One of the top benefits of using sealers is that it isn’t very hard to do. Applying concrete sealer to your driveway is quite easy and the sealers tend to have easy to understand instructions on the products so that even a novice will know what they are doing.