For parents, the welfare of their own children has the highest priority. This includes a restful, healthy sleep. Finally, the offspring is still growing, so the night’s sleep is extremely important so that your own baby can prosper magnificently. Pollutants that children could breathe during the night have certainly lost nothing in a baby mattress. Even if you, as a parent, prefer not to leave anything to chance, you are in the right place here.
The detailed baby mattress comparison on STERN.de tells you how you can decide in December 2020 for a high-quality mattress for your offspring. It is of course not only on the pollution-free of the new mattress for your baby bed. Rather, the mattress must also be as easy to care for as breathable. Of course, we will help you to find the right baby mattress as quickly and easily as possible. Access the following purchase advice completely free of charge and without obligation and find out in detail about 13 selected baby mattresses from some of the leading brands on the market.
Top 10 Baby Mattresses
- PACK N PLAY COMPATIBLE - NO GAPS - FITS MOST PLAYARDS PERFECTLY (38" x 26" x 3.25") | Rounded corners and superior edge support create a snug fit into...
- THE ONLY DUAL-SIDED PACK N PLAY MATTRESS TOPPER | Optimal design for growing baby’s developmental needs. Infant side combines the firmness that’s...
- EXTRA THICK FOR SUPER COMFORT | Your sweet baby will not be a happy sleeper (nor will you) if her playard crib mattress topper lacks vital support and...
- Hypoallergenic, antibacterial, waterproof cover is vented for a fresh sleeping environment that aids in the prevention of mildew and odor
- Constructed with quality materials and workmanship in the USA and is phthalates and lead free
- Easily wipes clean with warm water and a mild soap
- 204 PREMIUM COILS -- High coil count orthopedic crib mattress with 204 durability-tested coils for premium firmness. Anti-sag steel vertical bars...
- AIRY 2-STAGE DESIGN -- 2-sided dual firmness mattress offers a firmer infant side and a softer toddler side. A light layer flexes under baby's body...
- WATERPROOF SURFACE & BINDING -- Soft cotton, PVC-free cover is breathable, while a waterproof barrier lining helps prevent liquids from seeping...
- Comfort: This mattress features a firmer side for infants and a plush memory foam side for older babies and toddlers.
- Cotton Cover: A waterproof washable cotton cover protects your mattress.
- Tested: Meets or exceeds all US safety standards and requirements and uses only CertiPur certified foam.
- Lightweight and durable. It is made with high density thermo-bonded fiber core that provides firm support and a 100% Vinyl outer cover that is water...
- Mattress dimensions: 52"L x 27.5"W x 5"H. Weight limit: 50 lb. For optimal use, rotate mattress every 2-3 months. 10-year limited warranty....
- This mattress has achieved GREENGUARD GOLD Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical...
- 100% BREATHABLE DESIGN- babies can breathe right through the mattress- reduces the risk of suffocation and overheating.
- COMPLETELY WASHABLE & HYPOALLERGENIC- contains no foam, latex, springs, glue, or allergens- GREENGUARD GOLD certified and 100% recyclable.
- GREATER COMFORT means better sleep and healthy development for your baby.
- Comfy: Made from a firmer foam base and topped with top quality memory foam this mattress combines durability, comfort, support, and luxury for the...
- Conevnient: Comes with a removable machine washable utlra-soft bamboo cover for added softness.
- Tested: The foam is CertiPur certified to be low VOC and free of heavy metals. The mattress meets or exceeds all US standarards for crib mattresses.
- We Put Baby’s Safety First: Non-toxic construction is free from harmful materials and chemicals. The foam is in conformity with US CPC...
- Perfect Design:The exterior part of the mattress is made of sanding process and the inner is high-grade memory foam.It is soft and comfortable.The...
- Long-Lasting:Our memory foam not loses its shape and lasts for years. After the purchase, it’s absolutely impossible for our foam to switch to 4...
- ✔️ 【Dual Comfort Crib Mattress】 Thoughtfully designed with safety and comfort in mind, the crib mattress comes with dual firmness - firmer,...
- ✔️ 【Breathable & Comfortable Mattress】 Integrated with Gel-infused memory foam, open-cell memory foam and high-density support core, the...
- ✔️ 【Removable Easy-To-Clean Outer Cover】 Carefully selected white and sky-blue color with two patterns, the mattress pad provides double...
- HIGH COIL COUNT -- Durability tested 204 innerspring steel coil system, thick steel border wire around the perimeter keeps the edges secure just like...
- 2 STAGE INFANT & TODDLER DESIGN – Firmer infant side features hypoallergenic support layers and an anti-sag steel weight distribution system for a...
- COTTON BLEND COVER WITH WATERPROOF BARRIER – Durable woven cotton blend fabric cover is soft and breathable on baby’s skin. Exclusive Crypton...
Baby mattresses – what is important? The basics
Basically, it is a baby mattress to a regular mattress, which is offered only in a much smaller format. The baby mattresses of the leading brands usually have the following dimensions:
- Mattress in 40 × 90
- Baby bed mattress in 50 × 100
- Mattress in 60 × 120
- Mattress in 70 × 140
The first two mattress sizes are offered the rarest. The norm is a children’s mattress in 70 × 140. The advantage of such a children’s mattress is that it is suitable not only for babies but also infants. However, it is important to pay attention to the maximum user weight. A baby bed mattress in 70 × 140 or a children’s mattress in 60 × 120 should finally be used for a maximum of up to four years of your child. At some point, your child is simply too heavy to sleep on a mattress for a baby bed.
If you need a bassinet mattress, more compact mattress dimensions are often needed. The best way to buy such a cot with mattress. Finally, the mattress for the bassinet may sometimes not be rectangular but must have rounded corners. Other than mattresses for adults, there are other aspects that are critical when you buy a crib mattress. The best baby mattress should convince above all in the following ways:
- Not too hard and not too soft
- wet Weather
Purchase advise for baby mattresses – which material is available?
Most baby bed mattresses are made of a mixture of polyester and cotton and a foam core inside the mattress. This has been proven to give your mattress the best possible performance for your baby. The fact that the cover of your baby mattress is not made entirely of cotton but of a synthetic fibre mixture means that it is much easier to care for. Even though baby mattresses made of coconut, latex or foam are offered, cold foam mattresses have proven themselves. Because with foam mattresses can for the best possible pressure distribution in the sense of high sleeping comfort and the back health of your child be taken care of. The advantages and disadvantages of this type of baby mattress are summarized below:
- High, very good Punkelastizität and ideal pressure distribution
- High breathability for a comfortable sleeping climate
- Especially for a low body weight and thus well suited for children
- Also recommended for allergy sufferers
- Foam mattresses are comparatively quick
Spring mattresses are not usually offered for babies. This is for a very simple reason. After all, babies, especially in their early stages of life, are not so well able to regulate their body temperature and to warm up the baby bed themselves. Due to the fact that spring mattresses contain metal elements, these mattresses feel much colder at low temperatures than a normal mattress.
This would certainly displease your baby in practice. If you are reasonably certain that your baby may develop a range of allergies as well as you and your partner are biased, you may be interested in a coconut mattress for the baby. Lastly, a baby cot made of coconut uses a particularly large amount of natural materials, which is beneficial for house dust allergy sufferers, among other things. Even if you as a parent yourself are plagued by a house dust allergy, the purchase of such a cot mattress can make sense, since you will often come into contact with this mattress as a parent.
Baby mattresses – what to consider when buying?
Which mattress is best for the baby can be determined by a set of well-defined criteria. While we have already answered the question as to what degree of hardness is best for baby mattresses, the question of size is above all a matter of personal taste. You can use a good baby mattress as a cot mattress in 70 × 140 tents longer than is the case with a baby bed mattress in 60 × 120. Maybe you have fallen in love with a certain childbed, to which a baby mattress in 140 × 70 simply does not fit. If the bed has the dimensions 60 × 120, your decision against a mattress in 70 × 140 has already been made. Which other important criteria also play a decisive role, we now tell you:
- The material type
- The price and the price-performance ratio
- Pollutant-tested (for example, according to the Oeko Tex 100 standard)
- Production country – best made in Germany or Made in the EU
- With a baby and a toddler side?
- The maximum load capacity
- Whether the cover is washable – and how many degrees
- With a divisible cover?
- The mark
- The thickness of the mattress
- With firm edge
- With moisture protection or without
- Breathable as possible – best crossed by ventilation channels
It is also ideal if you opt for a mattress that has been equipped with a specially reinforced kick edge. After all, your child will sooner or later make his first attempts to get up in bed. If the edge of the mattress then yields, unsightly bruising of the child’s feet or legs between the bedstead, slatted frame and the mattress can occur. The risk of falling also increases with a mattress without a kick edge. However, you can spare your child this choice by choosing the right mattress.
Although a mattress with a special tread edge is usually characterized by a longer shelf life, a major disadvantage associated with this type of baby mattress. After all, this extra feature is also a matter of cost. If you choose a mattress with a stable edge, it usually costs you more than a regular baby mattress. If it is anyway a comparatively hard baby mattress, this is usually sufficiently stable even without a kick edge to minimize the said risk of falling.
When baby mattress change? – Tips for the practice
When you should change your baby mattress, as a caring parent, you can easily decide yourself by following the rules of thumb. In general, it is sufficient for external soiling, first of all, if you wash the cover of the mattress in the machine. Select the maximum permissible temperature settings. Most covers of baby mattresses can be washed at 60 degrees Celsius. There are even baby mattresses that can withstand temperatures of up to 90 degrees Celsius. In the following situations, however, your baby mattress is better to exchange:
- If the mattress smells unpleasant
- If milk, urine and Co. have repeatedly leaked through the mattress and this obviously can not be cleaned properly
- If your child has become too big or too heavy for the baby mattress
- When a new baby is coming
Also, these questions often buzz parents in mind: When should I turn my baby mattress? How can I clean my baby mattress? At the latest when your baby goes to the toddler, do it well when you turn the baby mattress over. Finally, there are many baby mattresses on the market a special baby and a separate toddler side. To ensure that a mattress wears evenly and does not sag particularly strongly at one point, it makes sense to turn it every three months.
You must primarily clean the cover of your baby mattress. This should be washed regularly. A baby mattress without a removable cover is therefore recommended in any case. Provide also for good air circulation by using the baby mattress with just the right slats and airing daily in your baby’s room. If the air can circulate well and you regularly clean the cover of the mattress, the necessary hygiene is provided by the modern-generation cot mattresses.
Which baby mattress should I buy? These brands are available
May it be a dreamy mattress in 70 × 140 or rather a baby mattress from another manufacturer? We have already given you the most important criteria so that you can make your own baby mattress comparison. Whether you prefer a dreamy baby mattress or another brand remains a personal choice. The following list at least reveals which renowned brands are vying for your favour as customers:
- Dreamy mattress
- Easy Baby Mattress
- Julius Zöllner baby mattress
- ALVI baby mattress
- Artländer baby mattresses
- Babybay mattresses for babies
- Elza mattress
- Paradise mattress for babies and children
- Nova Dream
- Pinolino baby mattress
- Lonsberg baby bed mattress
- Sun Garden Mattress
- MaxiFlex mattress