Anti-colic, anti-reflux, anti-asphyxia. Are you confused when you look at all the different bottles available? We do not blame you, baby bottles are no longer just to feed your baby. Innovative, smartly designed baby bottles are now available to treat and even prevent health conditions while your baby enjoys feeding.
Choosing the perfect bottle for your baby is one of the most important decisions you can make regarding feeding him.
Top 10 Bottles For Breastfed Babies
- Comotomo baby bottles are deisgned to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection and nipple confusion issues
- Ultra wide-neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush. Nipple and body is made of 100% safe hygienic silicone
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers. Tips - If the bottle is leaking,make sure there's not blockage on the vents. You can...
- Multiple nipple holes provide a natural feed, just like mom's breast. Nipple comes with 3 to 9 holes, depending on flow rate. 5 oz bottle comes with...
- Advanced 1-piece Anti-Colic Air system helps reduce colic, gas and spit up
- Super soft silicone nipple is the same shape as mom's nursing nipple for a familiar fit. Flexible nipple moves with baby for a continuous latch
- Naturally shaped, soft, silicone nipples Ideal for breastfed babies
- Wide neck design for easy cleaning
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers, Innovative and non leaking anti colic vents, Squeezable, soft, skin-like texture for...
- BREASTFEEDING BOTTLE: Baby instinctively connects to the bottle's familiar shape, while 2x faster warming satisfies baby's immediate hunger needs. Our...
- NUTRIENTS PROTECTION: A breastmilk storage bottle that cools 2xs faster to reduce bacterial growth. Even warming prevents hot spots & Quick warming...
- ALL-IN-ONE FEEDING BOTTLE: The included breast pump adaptor means you can conveniently pump directly into your bottle, seal for perfect breast milk...
- 4 - Preemie Flow (Slowest Flow) Nipples with narrow base for whole-nipple engagement; 4 - Level 1 (Slow Flow) Nipples designed to offer a paced,...
- 4 - 4 oz/120 ml Options+ Bottles with fully-vented design to preserve nutrients and aid in digestion
- 4 - Storage Caps for refrigeration or travel
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breastmilk Storage Product in the U.S*
- Compatible with all Medela breast pumps, so you can pump, store and feed with one container
- Screw on lid for leak-proof storage, travel and freezing
- AIR-FREE FEEDING: Innovative silicone pouch collapses when baby drinks and cuts down on the ingestion of air to decrease painful gas, colic and burps
- MODELED AFTER MOMS: Designed to mimic the natural form and feel of mom for baby feeding, this nipple is easy to latch onto and encourages proper...
- SILICONE POUCHES: These pouches are reusable and produce less waste
- #1 PHYSICIAN RECOMMENDED BREAST MILK STORAGE PRODUCT IN THE US: Sample an assortment of our breast milk feeding and storage products, including our...
- CONVENIENTLY COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MEDELA BREAST PUMPS: The containers in our breastfeeding gift set are compatible with all Medela breast pumps,...
- SIGNATURE BOTTLE DESIGN PROMOTES LONG-TERM BREAST MILK STORAGE: Both bottle sizes included allow you to safely store your breast milk for longer...
- Ideal starter set for the new mom with multiple bottle and nipple sizes and bottle accessories
- Natural wide nipple shape and ultra soft feel makes it easy for baby to combine with breastfeeding
- Ultra soft nipple mimics the feel of the breast. Bottle design ergonomic shape.
- BPA-free, easy-to-clean 8oz bottle with one ultra flexible silicone stage 1 (slow flow) nipple and one sealing disc
- Doctor recommended for healthy feeding and sleeping
- Preferred 2:1 over Dr. Brown's
Features to consider in a good bottle
There are many different aspects to consider when buying a bottle for your baby. The selection you make can have a negative or positive impact on your baby’s feeding experience. Do you feel overwhelmed? You do not have to do it. We’re here to help.
Here are some important aspects.
Most bottles will offer a variety of sizes and nipple flows. It is extremely important to select the right nipple flow for your baby’s age:
- Newborn: 3 months: newborn babies should be given a slow-flowing nipple to prevent drowning and overeating.
- Babies from 3 to 6/6 to 12 months: babies of these two age categories can be given medium flow nipples.
- Young children 12 to 18 months: Small children can be given fast-flow nipples.
Some nipple marks will have different guidelines than the information provided above. Follow the guidelines for each brand accordingly
Why it is important to use the correct nipple
The selection of the correct nipple can prevent numerous conditions and risks, such as Most bottles will offer a variety of sizes and flows of nipples. It is extremely important to select the right nipple flow for your baby’s age:
- Talk late: when your baby is breastfed, develop muscles within the mouth and tongue that are responsible for the correct speaking skills. These muscles may not develop completely if you select a nipple that is too easy to suck.
- Confusion in the nipple: if you are breastfeeding your baby, you should select a nipple that looks like yours. This prevents rejection of your baby’s nipple and weaning.
- Choking: if a nipple releases too much milk at the same time, your baby can suffocate, so you should select a slow flow for smaller babies.
- Overeating: If your baby ingests too much milk per serving, it may be overfed and cause saliva and reflux.
The size of the bottle
Smaller and thinner bottles are easier to hold for both you and your baby. Always consider the capacity of the bottle. Low-capacity baby bottles are ideal for newborns. However, you will have to buy new bottles as your baby grows and requires more per serving.
Selecting a bottle that has a greater fluid capacity will be a smarter financial option. Then, you simply have to change the nipple as your baby grows and not the entire bottle.
Most bottles are made of plastic. Bisphenol A (BPA) is used in the manufacture of plastic. This harmful substance has been linked to many health problems such as cancer. Always select a BPA-free plastic. Other harmful substances to consider include:
- POLYVINYL CHLORIDE
Read the label carefully and select bottles without these chemicals to prevent your baby from digesting harmful toxins.
Baby bottles can help relieve many health conditions. Here are some examples :
- Reflux: select a slow feeding bottle to prevent your baby from regurgitating. Reflux bottles will prevent overflow and air bubbles in your baby’s mouth.
- Colic and gas: the anti colic bottles are made with vents to prevent air from entering the nipple. This will prevent your baby from swallowing air during feeding with milk.
- Ear infections: Does your baby suffer from recurrent ear infections? It may be the position where you feed it. Pediatricians recommend keeping your baby straight during bottle feeding. Angled bottles provide comfortable food for your baby and prevent the accumulation of fluid in the ears that cause an ear infection.