There are quite a few things to consider when buying a cat litter, from how good they are at covering unpleasant odors to how affordable they are. Not to say that your cat will ever complain about the quality of the litter, although it may cause your furry little friend quite a bit of discomfort if it’s not up to the highest standards.
In this respect, we browsed the market far and wide in search of the best cat litter out there in order to give you a better understanding of what to look for. So let us then find out what are the ten best cat litters money can buy.
Top 10 Clumping Cat Litter
- 99.9% dust free, hypo-allergenic natural litter to keep your surfaces clean and perfect for families who suffer from allergies
- Hard clumping, medium-grain clay makes it the perfect clumping litter that helps prevent moisture
- Multi-cat formula and superior odor control keeps your home smelling clean and fresh day in and day out
- One (1) 40 Pounds Box : Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Cat Litter; Free & Clean Unscented Multi Cat Litter
- Unscented cat litter that's free of fragrances and dyes
- Contains odor absorbing activated charcoal
- NON CLUMPING LITTER: Fresh Step non clumping cat litter traps and eliminates odors with 100% filler free clay in a Fresh Scent
- ODOR CONTROL CAT LITTER: Specially formulated for the stinkiest litter boxes, this Fresh Step litter has activated charcoal that traps and eliminates...
- LOW DUST LITTER: For cleaner surfaces and clearer air, we developed a low dust formula with paw activated fragrance released every time your cat used...
- 40 pounds Box Purina Tidy Cats Instant Action Clumping Cat Litter
- Protects against ammonia, urine and feces odors
- Offers immediate odor control
- Clumping litter: fight litter box odors with the strength of Fresh Step litter partnered with the power of febreze in our easy to scoop, Clumping clay...
- Odor control cat litter: specially formulated for multi-cat litter boxes, This cat litter has a 10-day odor control guarantee with ammonia block...
- Low dust litter: for cleaner surfaces and clearer air, we Developed a low dust formula with paw activated fragrance That's S released every time your...
- Clumping litter: fight litter box odors with the strength of the original Fresh Step odor shield litter partnered with the power of febreze in our...
- Odor control cat litter: specially formulated for the slinkiest litter boxes, This Fresh Step litter has a 10-day odor control guarantee with...
- Low dust litter: for cleaner surfaces and clearer air, we Developed a low dust formula that's Paw activated fragrance is released every time your cat...
- One (1) 40 lb; Bag:Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Cat Litter, 24/7 Performance Multi Cat Litter
- Use to refill your empty Tidy pails (pail not included)
- Tight, strong clumps for easy scooping
- 10% more odor eliminators than our clump & Seal fresh scent
- 100% dust free platinum formula
- 7 day odor-free home, Guaranteed
- Patented EZ clean Technology that slides out of the pan, No scraping, no scrubbing
- Powerful odor eliminators combine with the power of Arm & Hammer baking Soda to destroy sealed-in odors
- Platinum formula has 10% more odor eliminators than our Arm & Hammer slide non-stop odor control cat litter
- Two (2) 20 lb. Jugs - Purina Tidy Cats Glade Tough Odor Solutions Clear Springs Clumping Cat Litter
- Two trusted brands, one powerful litter
- Powerful odor control leaves litter boxes fresh and inviting
What is Clumping Cat Litter?
Clumping litter is cat litter that, as you would expect, clumps when urine and feces are present. This litter is typically made with bentonite, although there are natural options also available for those who want other options.
Once a cat uses the litter box, the litter clumps around the waste so it’s easy to scoop out. This makes it easy to find the waste and remove it quickly without having to dig around with the scoop. Clumping litter also tends to last longer than clay litters. Many automatic litter boxes also work with clumping litters.
What are the different types?
If you’re considering using clumping litter for your pet you will find that there are quite a few different types to choose from. You want to get a litter that works best for your pet, so take the time to find out more about the different types you will have to choose from.
These litters use fibers and other natural materials to cause the clumping to occur. If you are trying to live a cleaner, greener life, you may want to consider this type of litter.
If you want to keep your cat box smelling fresh all day, every day, you might want to consider a scented litter that masks any odors after the box has been used. Of course, this is no substitute for daily cleaning, and you should also be aware that some cats avoid scented litters.
If you have more than one cat and they all share one box, they may have issues using it if they smell the waste of other cats. Litters designed for multiple cats help mask these odors, so more than one cat can use just one box.
How Often Does Litter Need to be Changed?
Many people mistakenly think clumping cat litter doesn’t need to be changed as often as the non-clumping kind. Actually, clumping litter is often easier to scoop than non-clumping but still needs to be changed on a regular basis.
The litter should be scooped at least once a day. Place the waste in sealed bags before putting into the garbage. Once a week, clean the litter box thoroughly. Empty all of the litter. The scrub the box with water and mild, unscented liquid soap. Fill the box up with fresh litter.
What are the Advantages of Clumping Litter?
The advantage of clumping litter is that many pet owners find it much easier to clean up. Instead of having to sift through the litter box, the clumps scoop up easily. This reduces your time spent cleaning a dirty cat box each day. It can also save you money in the long run since clumping litter tends to last longer than non-clumping brands.
It is always important to remember that no matter what type of litter you choose, it should always be scooped daily and changed quite frequently depending on how many cats you have and how often they use the box.
Who are the contenders for Best Clumping Cat Litter?
Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter – If you want a clumping litter that performs well, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money, this is an affordable option you should consider. It comes in three different sizes, and each is priced very affordably. This litter is hypo-allergenic and all-natural, so you don’t have to worry about chemicals that can harm you or your pet.
Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Clay Premium all Natural Cat Litter with Herbal Essences– If you’ve avoided clumping litters in the past because of all of the dust, this litter is right up your alley. It gives off very low dust, so it doesn’t cause respiratory problems for you or your pet, something that is common with less expensive brands of clumping litter. It offers odor control, and it makes cleanup easier than ever.
World’s Best Cat Litter Cat Scoopable Multiple Cat Clumping Formula – For superior odor control, this litter is simply the best. In addition to making daily scooping quick and easy, it controls odor much better than inferior products. It’s made with natural materials, and it is ideal for homes with more than one cat.
Factors to Think About
When choosing the best clumping litter, there may be a few features you already have in mind that you expect from the product you choose. Along with anything else you’re looking for, take these four points into consideration to ensure you get a high-quality clumping litter at a price that’s right.
Speaking of price, this is likely high on your list of qualities you’re searching for in the best clumping cat litter. Just remember that typically, you get what you pay for. Low-priced litters may save you money at first, but they may not perform as well, so you have to change the box more often. Consider all other features before you make a decision based solely on price.
Some clumping litters have been shunned by pet owners because of the dust that they produce. This has been known to cause respiratory problems in cats. To keep your pet safe, you want to look for products made with natural materials that give off very little dust.
Number of cats
For homes with multiple cats, a traditional litter just won’t do the job. If you have more than one cat, you will need to find a litter that is specifically designed to mask the odors of multiple cats.
Size of bag
When considering other factors like price, it’s important to also look at how large the bag is. While one bag may be more expensive, it might contain more litter, enough to fill the box several times. Often, you may end up spending less by investing in the larger bag of litter.