The market for elliptical bikes is so wide that we have decided to meet you in this buying guide the most prominent models of each category.
How can you know which one is best for you?
Based on the characteristics of each design and value what you want to achieve. If your goal is to stay in shape at home, you will have to opt for a model for home use. If you want to train thoroughly, choose a professional elliptical. But I don’t reveal you anymore.
Top 10 Elliptical Under 1000
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable Run Social App and run through 19 locations with 27 routes alongside people from all over the world in real time
- 29 workout programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- EXCLUSIVE CURVE-CRANK TECHNOLOGY- Experience ultra smooth and zero impact exercise that overcomes the discomfort of common "dead spot". Engineered for...
- 12 MINUTE WORKOUT VIDEO AND ASSEMBLY GUIDE - Professional program created by a personal trainer, UFC coach, and yoga teacher. Customize your workout...
- 8 LEVELS OF PRESET RESISTANCE KNOB - All levels of fitness from beginner to interval training for indoor convenient, versatile, accessible workouts to...
- DESIGN: Natural Elliptical motion eliminates any bouncy movement that other competitive elliptical experience.
- TENSION RESISTANCE: 8 Level magnetic tension resistance adjustments can provide the user with a more challenging workout
- COMPUTER: An easy to read large window LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and target zone heart rate monitoring.
- RESISTANCE: Easily adjust the intensity of your workout with the twist of the precise micro-controller equipped with 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- DIGITAL MONITOR WITH PULSE: Follow along with your workout progress on the digital monitor that displays your time, speed, distance, calories, and...
- ANTI-SLIP HANDLEBARS AND FOOT PADS: Complete a safe and stable workout thanks to the anti-slip handlebars and footpads.
- Cubii is the leading compact ergonomic elliptical to work out while you sit at home and office
- Low impact on joints with 8 levels of resistance to increase your activity over time.
- Whisper quiet with a smooth gliding motion. Quick and easy assemble. 4 screws and you are done!
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals
- 22 programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom, 2 fitness test & 1 quick start
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- UPGRADED ERGONOMICS---High Intensity Cardio Elliptical Trainer built with dual action forward and backward pedaling with 13 inch stride length...
- VARIOUS MAGNETIC RESISTANCE---8 levels magnetic tension control system for an easier or more challenging workout. You can use convenient tension knob...
- PERFORMANCE MONITOR---Start planning and recording your fitness statistics by using the advanced LCD digital monitor. It easy to read display records...
- [ ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE ] - 8 levels of magnetic resistance, you can use convenient tension knob to adjust exercise intensity. With simple...
- [ DIGITAL MONITOR & PULSE RATE GRIPS ] - Start planning and recording your fitness statistics by using the advanced LCD digital monitor which...
- [ TOTAL BODY WORKOUT ] - This elliptical machine is 15.6 inch and provides you a no impact flowing workout for upper and lower body which is perfect...
- PORTABLE, QUIET AND EFFICIENT CARDIO: This mini strider is compact and lightweight, making it easy to use and transport to any home or office space....
- ADJUSTABLE TENSION WITH MONITOR: Vary the intensity of your workout by turning the adjustable dial while you stride. See your stats while exercising...
- MULTIPLE MOVEMENT OPTIONS: Depending on your needs and abilities, the InMotion E1000 Compact Strider can be used sitting or standing. Pedal forward or...
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with Nautilus Trainer 2 App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free RunSocial App and run through 19 locations with 27 routes alongside people from all over the world in real time
- 20 inches Precision Path stride
What should you consider before buying an elliptical trainer?
As you have already verified, in the market we can find ellipticals of € 200, € 1000 and more than € 1000. What are the differences between them? How much do you have to spend? Here we solve all doubts.
The price of ellipticals is determined by several factors, including the quality of the materials with which it has been built, the brand, the performance and the number of intensity levels, among others.
Let’s first solve the following questions:
- Where do you want to locate it?
Depending on the space you have, you can choose one model or another. For example, folding tapes contain a folding system to reduce their dimensions and thus be able to store them in any corner. This option is usually very favorable for users who want to have it in their homes. If the size of the elliptical is not a problem, you can bet on a cheaper design because, generally, the folding options cost something more.
- How many days a week are you going to use it?
The most economical elliptical bikes do not resist a frequency of daily use, their mechanisms end up wearing out. However, the most advanced or professional models are prepared to undergo intensive daily workouts. The same goes for the elliptical gym or for gyms.
- Are you a professional or amateur athlete?
The higher your training level, the more expensive the cardio machine you will have to acquire to meet your needs. It would be advisable that the elliptical you choose in this case have more resistance levels than a basic model, to increase the intensity of the workouts. We also recommend a model with magnetic brake; and if you are one of those who get bored easily, bet on an elliptical bike with many electronic features. In this buying guide, you can find even ellipticals with touch screens and with the wireless connection.
- Are you recovering from an injury?
If what you are looking for is a therapeutic training to recover from an injury, you should opt for an elliptical electromagnetic brake bike. These models contain predetermined programs to motivate you in achieving your goals. They are more accessible and intuitive.
You know what you are looking for, it is time to opt for an elliptical or another, what technical aspects should you look for?
- Resistance levels: the resistance range will allow you to train at a certain level of intensity or another. This value is indicated by levels. The simplest models can offer you up to 8, while the most advanced models can exceed 20.
2. Flywheel: the weight of this component will determine the resistance levels of an elliptical trainer. The higher this parameter, the more resistance it will exert. In addition, it directly influences the user’s weight. Elliptical bicycles with flywheels greater than 10 kg are able to withstand a greater maximum user weight.
3. Pedal size: in our country, almost all ellipticals incorporate pedals with fixed sizes, but you can run into an adjustable machine.
4. The canes: the canes are responsible for putting into play all our upper train. It is the most characteristic factor of these sports machines. In our buying guide, you can buy ellipticals with fixed, adjustable, long, short and simple canes or with buttons.
5. Quality of the materials: as we already informed you in the previous paragraphs, the quality of the materials of the elliptical bicycles will directly influence their price and durability. Ellipticals that combine plastic and metal materials withstand a greater frequency of use and can last a lifetime.
6. Warranty: each brand or manufacturer offers a different warranty. There are ellipticals with a lifetime warranty on motor and others with 2 years for parts and electronics. We consider it a crucial factor in the decision. Don’t forget to check it out!
7. Training programs: the ellipticals that we like most offer a wide variety of predetermined and customizable programs to liven up the workouts.
8. Pulsómetro: ellipticals incorporate pulse monitors can contact or monitors heart rate chest strap. Both options are very interesting because they allow us to keep track of the exercise.
9. Console: the size and quality of the console will also influence the price of the elliptical. Professional models offer larger size and resolution, as well as features: wireless connection, touch option, MP3 connection, speakers …
10. Accessories: the accessories that we can find in most of the elliptical bicycles are the bottle holders and the supports.
Accessories for elliptical training
To train on the elliptical bike comfortably we recommend sports clothes and shoes. If you are a girl, it would be advisable that you pick your hair so that you do not cover your vision during the exercise, and if you are a boy, you can try the sweatbands. Returning to footwear, you will not need specific shoes to practice this sport, although we recommend running shoes. Check this buying guide and discover the latest models of the leading brands in the sector.