Top 10 Heat Pump
- Powerful Pool Pump heavy-duty, high-performance motor with air-flow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation
- Heavy-duty, high-performance motor with air-flow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation.
- An extra-large debris basket keeps pool maintenance to a minimum, letting you enjoy your pool more, while the clear cover lets you see exactly when...
- 🏊ADVANCED ENGINEERING. Stainless steel 2.0 HP shaft, the PUMP BODY is constructed with reinforced thermoplastic for longer life and...
- 🏊SUNCOO WATER PUMP. This self-priming heavy-duty pump delivers outstanding performance and reliability at a fantastic price and costs less...
- 🏊CONVENIENT DESIGN. Clear lid lets you see when basket needs cleaning. Over-sized filter basket for less frequent maintenance and emptying of...
- STOP LEAKING WATERWAYS Fits Most Spa Pump or Heater Unions
- APPLICATION This gasket goes on unions between the union and pump wetend fittings and heaters and union fittings
- DIMENSIONS The gasket is 3" across on the outside and the inside diameter is 2.2". Please ensure your union features the correct dimensions to host...
- Tan plastic construction
- Features 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer
- Energy savings up to 90-percent versus traditional pumps
- Polyvinyl exterior to shed environmental elements
- Mesh inserts on each side for ventilation
- Non woven lining to absorb moisture and prevent polyvinyl from sticking
- Climate Shield Covers are Universal-One Size Fits All.
- By designing Hook and Loop seams, adjustable straps and cinch drawstrings into each cover; you can adjust the cover to custom fit any make or model of...
- Easy to Install! Takes only a few minutes to protect all winter long.
- 2 1/4" Outside Diameter
- 1 1/2" Inside Diameter
- Gasket Rib Size 1 7/8"
- Flow rates in excess of 140 GPM for the 1.5 hp, 175 GPM for the 2.0 hp, 220 GPM for the 2.5 hp and greater than 240 GPM for the 3.0 hp.
- True, continuous rated horsepower of 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0.
- 2" inlets and outlets.
- SUNCOO POOL PUMP. This self-priming heavy-duty pump delivers outstanding performance and reliability at a fantastic price and costs less than big name...
- DURABLE CORROSION. Stainless Steel 2.0 HP Shaft, the shaft is constructed with a reinforced thermoplastic body for longer life and durability.The sand...
- CONVENIENT. Large over-sized filter basket for less frequent maintenance and emptying of debris.It provides the efficient and easy usage, simple...
Heat pumps for heating and air conditioning
The heat pump is an efficient system that can be used for both heating and cooling (or air conditioning ) and even for domestic hot water, and can even heat pools efficiently. But as we will see in the different types of heat pumps, not all systems can be used for everything, for example, some will only be used to heat the water and even the reversible systems of heat pumps serve both to heat and to cool the ambient.
How do heat pumps work?
The operation of a heat pump is based on thermodynamics, therefore it transports energy from one place to another. Renewable sources can be 3, air (aerothermal) water (hydrothermal) or soil (geothermal).
But if we collect, for example, the air in winter to have a heating or hot water in the home, the air we have extracted is cold, so how does it transform? This is when the heat pump operation is presented. Here is an example of how an air-water heat pump works.
Source: industrial technology.
1st External Collection. The ambient heat that we have extracted from the outside is transferred in the pipes.
2nd The liquid antifreeze fluid under pressure ), joins with the ambient heat and extracts the heat in the evaporator. It is mandatory that the antifreeze liquid be much colder than the ambient heat but you will not be able to extract all the heat.
3rd The heat obtained should increase its temperature. For this, the refrigerant that has the heat evaporates in the evaporator (yes, it manages to evaporate even if it is at a low temperature).
4º This evaporation called low-pressure steam enters the compressor that works thanks to the electric power, in this way we can increase its temperature much more.
5th The high pressure and high-temperature discharge gases from the compressor enter the condenser and heat is transferred to the outside environment due to the condensation of the refrigerant fluid.
6º The refrigerant has already fulfilled its function of transmitting heat, therefore it has to return to its cycle again.
7º The refrigerant is cooled again, returning to a high-pressure liquid state, but the refrigerant is still too hot, so with the help of the expansion valve we manage to cool it again, just as it was before. The main function of the valvula is to make an adiabatic expansion, and as a consequence of it, a cooling of the vapor-liquid occurs.
And what is the cycle inversion valve? It is the valve that is responsible for reversing the cycle as its name implies, this means that it makes the evaporator work as a condenser and the condenser as an evaporator. This means that the heat pump is reversible. Together with the inverter technology in the heat pump equipment, it means that your compressor has a variable speed, which allows you to modulate its power according to the demand, giving them high seasonal efficiency.
What benefits does a Heat Pump have?
The heat pumps have many benefits, they are one of the technologies continue to be used in the future for their level of energy efficiency and because it uses renewable energy. Among its greatest virtues, it is important to highlight that they have a low level of maintenance, add value to the property and are flexible, being able to be used for example in underfloor heating or in air conditioners.
When is a Heat Pump renewable?
It is one of the big questions and controversies since it is true that heat pumps often use electricity to operate. But it is also true that heat pumps use renewable energy to produce energy: aerothermal, geothermal and hydrothermal.
Heat pumps, types and efficiency
We can find 4 types of heat pumps and depend on our needs we must choose one or the other.
Air-to-air heat pump
These heat pumps transfer two elements of the same nature, the air. The heat (or cold) that is taken from the air is transported directly to the air in the area that we want to heat (or cool). Due to their nature, they are generally used to air-condition environments, since by transmitting only air they cannot be used to heat water. This type of heat pump is usually the most used, being the most economical and cheap par excellence, at least in general, although there are other types of heat pumps that are in the same economic band.
Air-water heat pump
The pumps can also be integrated into the air-water heat pump environments. Source: Vocal 359-A. This pump uses the heat of the ambient air to heat the water. We may think that these types of pumps can only be used to heat the water in our home or our pool , but the truth is that there are technologies that heat the environment using water, we talk about the radiant floor that promises us on many occasions to save between 15% to 20% more than other technologies.
Water-water heat pump
This type of heat pump is used far less than the air-air and air-water heat pump. This is not because it is less efficient, it is more often precisely the opposite, but what happens is that it requires specific conditions that are more difficult to meet.