Drowning is a major cause of death with its rate even surpassing road accident deaths in recent years. We all want to protect our children and prevent them from becoming part of these statistics, and luckily, there are measures that you can take. One of these measures is to get the best pool alarm for your swimming pool.
By adding this small but effective device to your pool, you can be notified the second your children enter the pool compound. And that might be the difference between death and life. In this post, we will look at the best pool alarms for your swimming pool and how you can easily choose the best for your facility.
Top 10 Pool Alarms
- A REVOLUTIONARY WARNING SYSTEM FOR A SAFER POOL - Lifebuoy is equipped with home and pool units designed to sound an alarm when a person or pet falls...
- SWIM MODE - The lifebuoy pool alarm is smart - After 10 minutes of absence of movement, the system will reactivate and in the event of a fall into the...
- BLUETOOTH BASED - Use the lifebuoy App to control and configure your lifebuoy Alarm. You can control the alarm state, change the length of the alert...
- NSF Certified to ASTM Standard F2208
- Made in the USA
- In House Remote Receiver. Horns are 85 decibel at 10 feet; The Poolguard Pool Alarm comes with an in-house remote receiver that has a range up to 200...
- Ideal for both in-ground and above-ground pools
- The PA-30 is easy to install and convenient to use
- The alarm in the pool is battery powered and uses one 9-volt alkaline battery (battery not included)
- Not backward compatible. Will not work with old T101 bands.
- Cute design makes kids want to wear!
- MULTIPLE USERS - Multiple turtle bands can be added to one system, so everyone in the family is safe
- 120 LOUD ALARM - this Magnetic sensor window door alarm loud enough to detects entry, prevent kids and babies going out the house, protecting your...
- EASY INSTALLATION - Easily mounted by adhesive, tape it on the window or door then all is done! No wiring needed! No screws needed! Completely DIY!...
- ULTRA-SLIM DESIGN - Size: 2.9" x 1.5" x 0.4, ultra-slim door and window alarm with 2 adjustable settings (on/off). Perfect for home, office, garage,...
- UL 2017 certified pool alarm
- Meets most city pool regulations
- Upgraded model from popular S187D
- LOUD ENOUGH, NO FALSE POSITIVES, NO MESS ALERT: When the magnetic sensor is separated more than 0.59 inches, you will immediately hear the door open...
- LOW BATTERY REMINDER: The burglar alarm can be used for one year (stand by) without changing the battery frequently. When the battery ( 2 AAA...
- WITH 1 REMOTE & EASY TO MANAGE: You can use the remote to set the disarm, ring, alarm and panic options within 50 feet, even if armed from the...
- UL Listed UL 2017 (Water Hazard Entrance Door Alarm)
- Made in the USA
- 1 Year Warranty
- For in ground or above ground pools up to 18' x 36'
- Battery powered
- 1 Remote can be used for multiple alarms
- Meets UL standards for Child Pool Safety Law
- Includes extra set of sensors and bypass reset button for use on both sliding glass doors and screen doors
- Water and weather resistant
Things to Consider When Choosing Pool Alarm
Since there are hundreds of pool alarms out there, there are some factors that you need to consider when choosing the ideal model for your pool.
Mode of Setup
This is the main factor that you should consider when purchasing your swimming pool alarm. Different alarms have different modes of installation and setup. Some are recommended for above ground pools while others are perfect for inground pools.
Some are worn as bracelets; others are left floating on the pool, while others are fixed on the gate or wall. Get the model that fulfills your need.
You need to buy an alarm that you can easily hear when it goes off from afar. Therefore, get a device that is loud enough. However, the alarm you get should not be extremely loud such that it disturbs or irritates other people.
The other thing that your gadget should have is at least 2 alarms. This makes it easier for you to hear the sirens and run to the pool before tragedy can occur.
For devices that have two alarms, they usually have a receiver. The receiver works within a certain range. So, ensure that the gadget you buy offer the required range – will depend on your pool and house location.
Moreover, the unit you purchase should deliver when it comes to quality. The gadget should offer value for the money. Hence, pick a top quality model from a trustworthy brand.
The price usually varies from one model to the other and from one brand to the other. Take your time and find out which model is within your set budget; the one that also provides you with the desired features.