There are so many roasting ovens with different features and options that choosing one that is right for you can be complicated. Our buying guide and the list of the 6 best roasting ovens will help you choose the model that best suits your needs.
A toaster oven is a small and versatile appliance that can be used for a variety of cooking tasks. It offers a fast, economical and convenient way to cook food compared to a large conventional oven. This small appliance takes up very little counter space and you can use it to cook a delicious meal for your family in minutes.
Top 10 Toaster Oven
- Four Cooking Functions: Choose from convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm
- Compact Size: Easily fit a 9" pizza, four slices of bread, or a variety of other snacks and meals; Wattage:1150W
- 30-Minute Timer: The precise cooking timer features a stay-on function for longer baking tasks
- DIGITAL CRISP CONTROL TECHNOLOGY: Precision-controlled temperature, heat source, and airflow for ultimate versatility and optimum cooking performance.
- 8-IN-1 VERSATILITY: The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Bagel, Toast, Dehydrate, and Keep...
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air Fry function vs. traditional deep frying. Tested...
- Dimensions : height ⇒ 20.25 inches , width ⇒ 12.75 inches , length ⇒ 14.63 inches
- ENDLESS FUNCTIONS: With 1800 watts of high-performance power you are able to toast, bagel, bake, broil, pizza and keep warm including other options
- CAPACITY: Fits 11-inch pizza or 6 slices of toast. .5-cubic feet inside oven toaster
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: The toaster oven has a stainless steel front with a cool-touch handle and easy-grip dials, easy-clean nonstick interior which...
- EASY ACCESS TO FOOD AND COUNTERTOP: Easily access food in the toaster oven broiler and on your countertop with the Easy Reach roll-top door.
- FITS 4 SLICES OF TOAST OR A 9" PIZZA: This Hamilton Beach toaster oven has room for cooking everything from snacks to side dishes.
- COOK YOUR WAY WITH 3 COOKING FUNCTIONS: This toaster oven gives you the versatility to bake, broil and toast. It has temperature options ranging from...
- A WOLF OVEN IN COUNTERTOP FORM: Enjoy all the features of a full-size Wolf oven, like interior lighting, precise temperature control and convection...
- ADVANCED CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: Countertop convection oven continuously circulates heated air throughout for even roasting and baking with no hot...
- 7 COOKING MODES: Bake, Roast, Broil, Warm, Proof, Bagel and Toast functions offer you greater control and consistent, predictable results.
- Convection Cooking Technology for Fast, Even Results
- 4 Functions - Choose from convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm
- Large Interior - Fits 6 Slices of Bread or a 9” Pizza
- Even Toast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time and the sleek compact...
- Small Package With Big Oven Heat - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an oven and the natural...
- Multi Functional - Our toaster oven comes with many features and cooking functions some of which include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food...
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection...
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking...
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven...
- Fits 4 Slices of Toast or a 9 Inches Pizza: Spacious Interior Can Fit Everything From Snacks to Suppers Without Taking Up Too Much Counter Space
- Saves Time and Energy: Uses up to 75 Percent Less Energy and Is 28 Percent Faster Than a Typical Kitchen Oven When Reheating Precooked Frozen Chicken...
- Toast, Bake & Broil Settings: Adjustable Temperature and Included Bake and Broil Pan Makes It Easy to Cook a Variety of Foods
Types of toaster ovens
Standard toaster oven
A standard toaster oven is just what you need to toast, heat and bake. Your heating coils are turned on and off using a thermostat to maintain a constant temperature. You can have digital or manual controls, a timer that allows automatic shutdown and a roast option.
Most standard toaster ovens are capable of roasting 2 to 4 slices of bread at a time. Larger ovens can toast up to 6 slices of bread at a time. These models have adjustable darkness settings and can also have a push lever like an emerging toaster. Some of them have an automatic eject tray that opens the door when the toast is ready. Others slide the tray out when the door is opened, which facilitates access.
A convection toaster oven has a fan inside that blows hot air over food while cooking. This prevents the formation of hot spots in the oven and food is cooked and browned evenly. Faster cooking allows you to set a lower temperature and helps save energy. Several convection toaster ovens allow users to use conventional or convection settings. These advanced models also offer more cooking options.
Infrared toaster ovens
The toaster ovens infrared heat food directly instead of heating the air surrounding them. They cook food quickly and evenly, providing an exceptional crunch and browning. It is not necessary to preheat food because infrared technology provides instant heat.
Infrared toaster ovens are more energy efficient because they provide faster cooking without preheating. Cooking is up to 50% faster compared to an oven with regular electric heating coils. It is not necessary to defrost frozen foods before cooking. Some infrared toaster ovens look very different compared to usual toaster ovens. Some offer preset options that eliminate the need to set the cooking timer.
Roaster ovens for roasters
Roaster toaster ovens come in different capacities, and can usually cook between 1 and 4 chickens at a time. Larger models are capable of handling a turkey.
Regular ovens include cooking roasters as a high-quality feature, and roasting ovens include cooking roasters as a special feature. Some ovens are designed to be used only for cooking grills, but it is more common for the grill to be an additional feature in a full toaster oven. High-end models often combine convection with broiler cooking. Some ovens offer standard or convection cooking along with infrared grill options.
Toaster oven combination
A combined toaster oven can combine a standard or convection toaster oven with a retractable toaster. Another model includes a toaster and a coffee maker, side by side. You can add a small pan on top, which can be used to cook bacon or eggs, toast or toast and prepare coffee at the same time. One model has a vaporizer on top of a toaster oven and another adds a vaporizer to a pan, a toaster oven, and a coffee maker.
A toaster oven has a grill press for meat or sandwiches and another combines a grill with a steamer and a toaster oven. Although multitasking features offer versatility and comfort, all of them may not be useful.
Features to look for in the best toaster oven
Several toaster ovens provide temperature settings similar to those of normal ovens. You can use them to adjust the oven temperature depending on what you are cooking.
A timer allows you to adjust the exact amount of time you want the toaster oven to cook. This is useful when roasting, roasting and baking functions are used. If the toaster oven does not include a timer, the shadow setting can serve as a timer.
An interior light facilitates the vision of food while cooking. You can control the condition and avoid burns while you get to take out the food when the oven is hot.
A display is very useful because it makes it easy for you to see the settings and the status at a glance. It may inform you about the date and time, shade setting and how much time remains.
Toaster ovens usually have a shadow setting that allows you to choose how dark you would like your toasts to be. You can change the settings to toast the bread perfectly according to your preferences.
A toaster oven with superheat setting heats leftovers without roasting or browning them. You can reheat leftovers in the toaster oven without losing its crunchy texture. In comparison, reheated foods in a microwave oven can be soft or soaked.
In some toaster ovens, a defrost setting is provided, which allows you to defrost and toast the bread at once. If you like to store your bread in the freezer, look for a model that offers this feature.
A toaster oven with a nonstick or porcelain interior is much easier to clean. Foods that bubble during cooking are baked hard and are difficult to remove. Non-stick trays make cleaning easy.
Accessories of the right size
Most toaster ovens have a drip tray and a baking rack. If they are not supplied, you must purchase accessories of the appropriate size separately, as the standard oven trays may not fit.
A crumb tray that can be removed ahead
A crumb tray that can be removed from the front instead of behind can be emptied while the oven is hot. There is no need to move or lift the oven to reach the tray. A crumb tray that can be completely removed is easier to clean.
Auto power off
Most toaster ovens have an automatic shut-off function, which automatically turns off the appliance after a period of around 30 to 60 minutes. This is an important safety feature, which helps prevent accidental fires.
Shelves that open when we open the door
It is much easier to remove food if the oven has automatic ejection racks that come out halfway when the door is opened. It is more difficult to remove a hot shelf from a toaster oven that does not have this feature.
A toaster oven with audible alerts will notify you when your meal is ready. See if the beeps are loud enough for you to hear, but not loud enough to scare or bother you.
Preconfigurations for cooking common dishes
A unit that has several presets for cooking common dishes will facilitate commissioning. Check if the default settings are easy to read and understand and you can cook dishes with a few clicks.
Easy to use controls
Look for a toaster oven with intuitive controls that are easy to understand and use. Too many controls and adjustments increase the level of complexity, causing frustration. A good toaster oven can be used to cook simple dishes as soon as it is taken out of the box.