There are so many roasting ovens with different features and options that choosing one that is right for you can be complicated. Our buying guide and the list of the 6 best roasting ovens will help you choose the model that best suits your needs.
A toaster oven is a small and versatile appliance that can be used for a variety of cooking tasks. It offers a fast, economical and convenient way to cook food compared to a large conventional oven. This small appliance takes up very little counter space and you can use it to cook a delicious meal for your family in minutes.
Top 10 Toaster Oven
- Natural Convection Technology: The interior is designed to circulate hot air throughout the oven for fast, even results.
- Four Cooking Functions: Choose from convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
- Compact Size: Easily fit a 9" pizza, four slices of bread, or a variety of other snacks and meals.
- 6 slice convection toaster oven for faster, more even cooking
- Convection technology and a wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F let you cook with the convenience of an oven
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
- Easy access to food and countertop The roll top door moves up and out of the way so you can have safe, easy access to your food before, during and...
- Easy to keep clean Door is up and out of the way of messy spills and drips
- Convection, bake, broil & toast 2 rack positions and included bake pan makes it easy to get started on cooking a variety of foods
- ★ EVEN TOAST TECHNOLOGY - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time and the sleek...
- ★ SMALL PACKAGE WITH BIG OVEN HEAT - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an oven and the natural...
- ★ FOUR FUNCTIONS - The toaster oven's cooking functions include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.
- Natural Convection Technology - The interior is designed to circulate hot air throughout the oven for fast, even results.
- Four Cooking Functions - Choose from convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
- Compact Size - Easily fit a 9" pizza, four slices of bread, or a variety of other snacks and meals.
- Extra-Wide Interior - Specially engineered to fit most 9"x13" pans with handles, 8 slices of bread, or a 12" pizza. Internal dimensions are...
- Fits Most Oven Pans - Use the pans you already have! This spacious oven fits most standard 9"x13" oven pans with handles. That means you can go from...
- Convection Heating - The powerful convection fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast, even baking. Other functions include: baking,...
- 12-in-1 Presets: Pizza, Roast, Airfry, Toast, Bagel, Bake, Broil, Cookies, Rotisserie, Dehydrate, Ferment and Keep Warm
- Air Fry: Cook with no or less oil to let you enjoy more delicious food and healthier living
- 30L Capacity: Fits 6-slice of toaster, a 13-inch pizza, and 5 pounds chicken
- Easy access to food and countertop. The roll-top door moves up and out of the way so you can have safe, easy access to your food before, during and...
- Easy to keep clean. Door is up and out of the way of messy spills and drips.
- Bake, broil & toast. 2 rack positions and included bake pan makes it easy to get started on cooking a variety of foods.
- Features an interior oven light to keep an eye on your cooking
- 10 pre set cooking functions include: Toast 6 slices, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat, warm, slow cook
- Capacity: 6 slice toaster, 13 inches pizza. Dimensions : 15.75 x 18.50 x 11 inches
- Smart element IQ: There's heat, and there's smart heat; Element IQ transfers heat intelligently across 4 quartz elements for precise and stable heat...
- 8 cooking functions: 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Bagel, toast, bake, broil, pizza, roast, cookies, and reheat
- Not so mini capacity: Your mini smart oven fits 4 not so mini slices of toast, cookies, tuna melts and 11 inch Pizzas
Types of toaster ovens
Standard toaster oven
A standard toaster oven is just what you need to toast, heat and bake. Your heating coils are turned on and off using a thermostat to maintain a constant temperature. You can have digital or manual controls, a timer that allows automatic shutdown and a roast option.
Most standard toaster ovens are capable of roasting 2 to 4 slices of bread at a time. Larger ovens can toast up to 6 slices of bread at a time. These models have adjustable darkness settings and can also have a push lever like an emerging toaster. Some of them have an automatic eject tray that opens the door when the toast is ready. Others slide the tray out when the door is opened, which facilitates access.
A convection toaster oven has a fan inside that blows hot air over food while cooking. This prevents the formation of hot spots in the oven and food is cooked and browned evenly. Faster cooking allows you to set a lower temperature and helps save energy. Several convection toaster ovens allow users to use conventional or convection settings. These advanced models also offer more cooking options.
Infrared toaster ovens
The toaster ovens infrared heat food directly instead of heating the air surrounding them. They cook food quickly and evenly, providing an exceptional crunch and browning. It is not necessary to preheat food because infrared technology provides instant heat.
Infrared toaster ovens are more energy efficient because they provide faster cooking without preheating. Cooking is up to 50% faster compared to an oven with regular electric heating coils. It is not necessary to defrost frozen foods before cooking. Some infrared toaster ovens look very different compared to usual toaster ovens. Some offer preset options that eliminate the need to set the cooking timer.
Roaster ovens for roasters
Roaster toaster ovens come in different capacities, and can usually cook between 1 and 4 chickens at a time. Larger models are capable of handling a turkey.
Regular ovens include cooking roasters as a high-quality feature, and roasting ovens include cooking roasters as a special feature. Some ovens are designed to be used only for cooking grills, but it is more common for the grill to be an additional feature in a full toaster oven. High-end models often combine convection with broiler cooking. Some ovens offer standard or convection cooking along with infrared grill options.
Toaster oven combination
A combined toaster oven can combine a standard or convection toaster oven with a retractable toaster. Another model includes a toaster and a coffee maker, side by side. You can add a small pan on top, which can be used to cook bacon or eggs, toast or toast and prepare coffee at the same time. One model has a vaporizer on top of a toaster oven and another adds a vaporizer to a pan, a toaster oven, and a coffee maker.
A toaster oven has a grill press for meat or sandwiches and another combines a grill with a steamer and a toaster oven. Although multitasking features offer versatility and comfort, all of them may not be useful.
Features to look for in the best toaster oven
Several toaster ovens provide temperature settings similar to those of normal ovens. You can use them to adjust the oven temperature depending on what you are cooking.
A timer allows you to adjust the exact amount of time you want the toaster oven to cook. This is useful when roasting, roasting and baking functions are used. If the toaster oven does not include a timer, the shadow setting can serve as a timer.
An interior light facilitates the vision of food while cooking. You can control the condition and avoid burns while you get to take out the food when the oven is hot.
A display is very useful because it makes it easy for you to see the settings and the status at a glance. It may inform you about the date and time, shade setting and how much time remains.
Toaster ovens usually have a shadow setting that allows you to choose how dark you would like your toasts to be. You can change the settings to toast the bread perfectly according to your preferences.
A toaster oven with superheat setting heats leftovers without roasting or browning them. You can reheat leftovers in the toaster oven without losing its crunchy texture. In comparison, reheated foods in a microwave oven can be soft or soaked.
In some toaster ovens, a defrost setting is provided, which allows you to defrost and toast the bread at once. If you like to store your bread in the freezer, look for a model that offers this feature.
A toaster oven with a nonstick or porcelain interior is much easier to clean. Foods that bubble during cooking are baked hard and are difficult to remove. Non-stick trays make cleaning easy.
Accessories of the right size
Most toaster ovens have a drip tray and a baking rack. If they are not supplied, you must purchase accessories of the appropriate size separately, as the standard oven trays may not fit.
A crumb tray that can be removed ahead
A crumb tray that can be removed from the front instead of behind can be emptied while the oven is hot. There is no need to move or lift the oven to reach the tray. A crumb tray that can be completely removed is easier to clean.
Auto power off
Most toaster ovens have an automatic shut-off function, which automatically turns off the appliance after a period of around 30 to 60 minutes. This is an important safety feature, which helps prevent accidental fires.
Shelves that open when we open the door
It is much easier to remove food if the oven has automatic ejection racks that come out halfway when the door is opened. It is more difficult to remove a hot shelf from a toaster oven that does not have this feature.
A toaster oven with audible alerts will notify you when your meal is ready. See if the beeps are loud enough for you to hear, but not loud enough to scare or bother you.
Preconfigurations for cooking common dishes
A unit that has several presets for cooking common dishes will facilitate commissioning. Check if the default settings are easy to read and understand and you can cook dishes with a few clicks.
Easy to use controls
Look for a toaster oven with intuitive controls that are easy to understand and use. Too many controls and adjustments increase the level of complexity, causing frustration. A good toaster oven can be used to cook simple dishes as soon as it is taken out of the box.