Cleaning the dirt present at home is easier when using the right product. In this sense, steam mops can help us with the task. They expel hot air and have an operating system that removes even the deepest dirt, grease and dust, without much effort. Depending on their design they can be used to clean the floor, furniture, windows, walls and other surfaces. But in order to select the right equipment, you must first know its characteristics, such as the power that should be between 900 and 1800 watts.
With the Moppy Polti mopYou can remove dirt present even in hard-to-reach areas, as it is suitable for use on vertical surfaces and higher areas. In addition, it has 1500 watts of power. On the other hand, the Vileda Steam model offers 1550 watts of power, as well as a triangular and pivoting head to clean the dirt accumulated in the corners.
Top 10 Steam Mop
- The Shark Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super heated steam to remove everyday dirt and grime that other mops leave behind.20' power cord...
- Powerful steam on demand natural mopping motion delivers super heated steam in just 30 seconds, and dries almost immediately
- 99.9 percent sanitization* against germs and bacteria. Your steam mop should be ready to use in 30 seconds. Pumping the handle 5 10 times will help...
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99; 9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of...
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- ALL-NATURAL STEAM CLEANING: Hot pressurized steam eliminates grease, grime, mold, stains, and bed bugs without harsh chemicals.
- EASY HANDHELD USE: Lightweight and portable unit comes with a long 9. 8-foot cord for convenient indoor and outdoor use.
- SAFE, MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANING: Safe to use on a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, granite, waterproof wood flooring, laminate tiles, most...
- Water tank capacity - 220ml. 3-Setting Intelligent Steam Control
- Double-Sided Dirt Grip Washable Pads
- Genius Head with Direct Steam Channeling
- Bissell Homecare, Inc.
- Water tank capacity 12.68 fluid ounce. The power of steam Made easy
- Effortlessly clean and sanitize with just water sanitization studies were conducted under controlled test conditions. Household conditions and results...
- Removes grease and grime no chemicals and no residue
- 340ml / 11.5 ounce reservoir. CLEANS LITERALLY EVERYTHING! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of the ThermaPro 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean...
- CHILD & PET SAFE - PROVIDES 99.99% SANITATION WITH NO HARSH CHEMICALS! Super-heated steam is ready in 30 seconds and kills up to 99.99% of germs...
- LIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying...
- DOUBLE-SIDED MICROFIBER MOP PADS, EFFECTIVE CLEAN: Both sides of the cleaning pads have the same microfiber material with nap texture as pictured, no...
- STEAM MOP PADS, EASY TO INSTALL: The mop pads just like a pocket to fit your mop securely. With hook and loop strip closure, easy to make it stay on...
- MOP PAD SIZE: about 12.6 x 7 inches (32 x 18cm), this is a standard sized mop pad. Works with mop models: S2902, S3450, S3452, S3455K, S3501,...
What is the best steam mop in the market?
Steam cleaning is a quick and efficient way to clean and disinfect floors and the progressive increase in sales of steam mops seems to confirm it. Today there is a wide range of models, different brands at different prices, which can confuse those who try to acquire one. We have compiled the essential characteristics of these domestic appliances in this guide to buy the best steam mop, as an aid in choosing the most appropriate model for each person’s needs.
Steam mops offer a quick and efficient way to clean floors since they heat water at a very high temperature so that it becomes steam. The steam is then released through the head to effectively remove dirt and soil stains, much better than with a traditional mop since it saves you the heavy work of scrubbing.
However, regardless of the electrical power with which they work, the cleaning power in steam mops is determined by the steam pressure, so, when looking for which steam mop is better, it is advisable to check the pressure bars with which the device has.
While the electrical power with which these devices work ranges between 900 and 1800 W, the steam pressure they reach is between 3 and 6 bar, with 4 bar being the usual measurement.
On the other hand, the steam force at temperatures of 120 to 150 ° C has an extraordinary cleaning power; not in vain, the hospitals sterilize with steam. The steam temperature kills up to 99% of bacteria, so your floors will also be disinfected. This is also beneficial in case of allergies because, in addition to suppressing dust and bacteria, it also eliminates fungi and mites. It is advisable that the mop has steam regulation because it is not necessary to always use maximum power, so you can control the amount of steam depending on the dirt present.
In this sense, since these artifacts were created thinking of those who have little time, it is also necessary that the steam is ready in the shortest possible time, therefore, before buying, make a comparison of steam mops and check how much Time is ready to use, which can vary considerably from 10 to 180 seconds.
Steam mops have deposits where water is placed to heat it and, depending on the size of the surface to be cleaned, this capacity will determine how many times you have to fill it. Regularly, the tank capacity ranges between 0.5 and 2 liters. Due to the weight and ease of handling, 1 liter is an acceptable capacity. Some models also have filling indicators, which is advantageous. In addition, an easily removable tank will make a big difference when you have to refill.
Some steam mops are designed for use only on hard floors, but fortunately many can also be used on ceramic, linoleum, wood, laminate tiles and also in textile materials such as carpets and upholstered furniture. When buying a cheap steam mop, make sure it can be used on a wide range of surfaces.
Easy to use
Most steam mops are extremely easy to use, it is just to fill the tank, connect them and wait for the steam to occur. But, some other aspects would make its use even easier. First, a power cable long enough, so you don’t have to go searching for sockets and reconnecting; a length of 6 to 10 meters is an appropriate measure and if you have cable ties it is even better.
Second, a power switch, which will save you time and energy, because some models turn on / off if you plug / unplug into the outlet. Third, a triangular head, rotating and of adequate size will facilitate you to reach all corners, with simple maneuvers, less effort and you will finish in less time. Some models allow you to separate the steam generator from the base, which would give you the advantage of using it as a manual steam cleaning accessory.
Finally, it is also recommended that the steam mop has several accessories that allow you to clean the countertop, the tile joint, windows, blinds, curtains, upholstery, and more. Be sure to choose based on your real needs. Remember that better and faster performance also influences how much steam mop costs.