Tablets have become a standard in our society. They are practical, they are handy and they are extremely versatile in use. With a tablet, you can not only make a perfect professional impression but in the private environment brings the tablet corresponding benefits. Tablets of the newest generations can be used very well professionally in the collection of data. In addition, the multimedia devices can be used perfectly in a private environment. Especially when used as a game element or as an eBook reader. We looked at the latest-generation tablets and the older generation and looked at various features. In particular, however, we were interested in the equipment.
Top 10 Tablets
- 10.1" 1080p full HD display; 32 or 64 GB of internal storage (add up to 512 GB with microSD)
- Now 30% faster thanks to the new 2.0 GHz octa-core processor and 2 GB of RAM
- Longer battery life—Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video, and listening to music
- 7" IPS display; 16 or 32 GB of internal storage (add up to 512 GB with microSD)
- Faster 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Up to 7 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video, and listening to music
- 8" HD display, 2X the storage (32 or 64 GB of internal storage and up to 1 TB with microSD card) + 2 GB RAM.
- All-day battery life - Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music.
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Fully charges in under 5 hours (with included cable + adapter).
- Gorgeous 10.2-inch Retina display
- A12 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Support for Apple Pencil (1st generation) and Smart Keyboard
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if it breaks, return it and we'll replace it for free.
- Stream over wifi or view downloaded content on the go with 32 GB of internal storage and up to 12 hours of battery for reading, browsing the web,...
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Includes a USB-C cable and 5W power adapter in the box.
- Minimal bezel; Maximum view; Watch, stream and browse on a 10.1 Inches; Full HD corner to corner Display; The lightweight premium metal design goes...
- Big sound for big entertainment; The perfect complement to a wide, immersive picture, Dolby Atoms Surround sound fills the room with cinematic clarity
- Binge worthy Battery; Browse, watch Or shop for up to ten hours on a full charge; Keyboard Compatible
- Minimum bezel; Maximum view: Designed with a minimized bezel, giving you more room to view your favorite content in a slim, comfortable form; The...
- Entertainment ready: An 8.0 inches display immerses you in content, and dual speakers deliver spacious surround sound
- Binge ready Battery: Browse, watch or shop for up to 13 hours on a full charge
- 【3G Phone Call & 2.4G WIFI Connect】---The newest tablet support 2pcs phone card insertion, enable you to call or send messages to anyone anywhere...
- 【Incredible Storage】---- Featuring with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal Storage, (MicroSD Expandable to 128GB), it is perfect for running a mass of...
- 【Excellent in Fast Response】---Featuring Android 9.0 operating system of four high-performance 1.3 GHz Quad Core CPU, ensures an ultra-smooth...
- 10.2-inch Retina display
- A10 Fusion chip
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- 【SAVE MORE THAN $120】Device is pre-installed with 20 officially authorized Disney audio books. Pre-installed KIDOZ app gives your kids access to...
- 【SAFE FOR KIDS】Parents can filter content, set screen time, and monitor activities to protect against harmful content; just use the pre-installed...
- 【LATEST ANDROID 10 WITH LARGER STORAGE】Easily exit the Kids Mode interface with a password to turn it into a full-featured Android tablet. GMS...
Tablet buying advice: These things you should pay attention to!
Whether you want to read the newspaper in a digital form in the morning at the breakfast table or instead like to surf the Internet on the sofa in the evening – with a tablet this is really very easy for you, whereby you also benefit from a few other applications and advantages. But when it comes to choosing a suitable tablet, many consumers are asking what equipment features are most important and what requirements should best be met by this technical device. We would like to answer all questions about the tablets in the attached purchase guide so that you will quickly and easily find a top device that is optimally suitable for you.
There are different tablets to buy for these target groups
Flexible Tablets with Android
If your budget is limited and you are looking for a device that can handle a wide variety of functions, then you should definitely take a closer look at the Android tablets of the different manufacturers because you are very likely to find here is a suitable model with which you will have a lot of fun. Both for learning at school or in college as well as for the job and at home, these devices are also very suitable depending on the equipment.
It is in fact just as easily possible as the streaming of videos or films, if there is a connection to the Internet. With the direct connection to the App Store, you can also access millions of programs and thus greatly expand the functionality of the tablet massively, which is very convenient. From entry-level models to high-speed processors, there are now many Android tablets to buy. In doing so, you should set yourself a concrete budget and evaluate the individual user behaviour. For example, if you watch a lot of videos or movies, we recommend high-resolution devices with a large display. If you like to play with your device, then pay attention to a good performance, which applies especially to the built-in processor, the memory and the large enough internal memory.
iPads from Apple
On the other hand, with an iPad from the iPhone manufacturer Apple, you are a bit more limited and dependent on the iOS operating system. However, in terms of multimedia, office and apps, there are also many different functions available to you, all of which you can use with an iPad. Basically, devices from this range are primarily recommended for you, if you already use products from the ecosystem of the manufacturer Apple anyway. This means that you can ensure that different programs are used on all products and that work can be continued here.
For example, if you started surfing on an iPad, the data will be redirected to the Apple iPhone, which also applies to documents and things like that. Basically, you have to grab for a recent Apple iPad also a little deeper in the purse, because compared to the tablets, which are equipped with the Android operating system, higher prices are due. However, you will always benefit from devices with a high-resolution display that offer consistently good performance and are supplied with the latest software from the iOS operating system for many years.
Tablets for children
Nowadays, many manufacturers also offer devices that are especially suitable for children. As a result, additional setting options make it easy for you to monitor the use of different apps and greatly reduce the functionality. Of course, the same applies to the operation of the web browser installed on the tablet. If you are looking for a good device for children, you will find in the assortment of the manufacturer Amazon suitable models, which the dealer markets within the series Fire.
Tablets with Windows – Microsoft Surface
If you primarily work with the Windows operating system, you may expect the same arrangement of controls on the tablet as well. In this case, you are dependent on devices with the Windows operating system, which are now available in the form of tablets for consumers. The manufacturer Microsoft offers in this regard for the popular Surface devices for you to purchase, which are available in a price range similar to the Apple iPads. You benefit from a practical alternative if you exclude devices with iOS or Android for personal use.
What features should you look for when buying a tablet?
After you have evaluated their individual usage, it is necessary to check the attached properties of the devices that are suitable for you.
- Display size
Of course, the size of the built-in screen plays an important role, because the larger the display, the more content you can display on it. This is especially important if you want to use your tablet primarily for office applications or to stream movies or similar things. However, large displays are also associated with disadvantages. Thus, increased energy consumption is expected, which also applies to the maximized weight. So if you are looking for a very compact model that can be easily transported in your pocket, small 7-inch tablets may be better for you.
- Resolution of the display
Especially cheap tablets, which are often offered for less than 100 €, often offer quite large displays, but above all, the resolution leaves much to be desired. However, the display resolution should be at least at Full HD level to ensure a good presentation.
So that the scrolling with the tablet is easy to realize and it can come here to no stuttering, the manufacturers obstruct fast processors, which are also used in smartphones. Depending on the usage behaviour different chips are suitable for you, whereby today dual-core processors are standard equipment. Especially in the Android segment, there are also some tablet computers to buy, which are even equipped with quad-core processors. Be sure to pay attention to the number of cores and overall clock speed, which is especially important if you want to use your tablet for playing.
- Internal memory
To store local data on the tablet, you should have as much space as possible. Depending on the manufacturer and model, it is often possible that the storage capacity can be easily expanded using additional Micro SD cards. Keep in mind, however, that tablets today can also use practical cloud storage thanks to their direct connection to the Internet. This makes it easy to realize that you can conveniently retrieve documents that you have edited on the tablet on your computer.
- Random-access memory
The larger the memory, the more applications you can use in parallel on your device. Unless you use quite complex programs, the memory of your tablet should be at least 2 GB of RAM. Today, especially photographers and filmmakers ( iPad Pro ) use this equipment on the go. In such a case, a memory configuration with at least 4 GB of RAM is recommended.
Many tablets also have cameras. These are not only available to record photos but to avail the feature of video calling. If you would like to talk to your contacts via Skype and Co., it is very important that the camera has a good quality on the front of the device. On the other hand, if you also want to take pictures of high-quality photos with the rear camera, please pay attention to a sufficient resolution, which the manufacturers specify in megapixels.
In order to use additional accessories with the tablet, appropriate connections should be available, such as USB, Micro USB and other ports. Especially for fast data transfer, this is very important to connect the device with a USB stick. In the area of connectivity but also the possibility of connection via WLAN or Bluetooth should be mentioned. Thus, then a connection to the World Wide Web can be made, which are also apps to install.
- Battery life
Before you commit to a tablet, it is always advisable that you check the battery life. Modern devices from the higher price segment offer a running time of well over 10 hours with a fully charged energy storage. Of course, this information always depends on which apps you use. For example, if you are primarily browsing the Internet with your tablet, such a value may well be sought in practice. But not only the battery life is of interest, but also the overall charging time needed to fully charge the battery. It is recommended that you read consumer reviews that have already tested the devices you may be considering.
- Additional keyboards
Using a Bluetooth keyboard, you can easily turn a modern tablet into a 2-in-1 device, using a small notebook on the go. However, it is always recommended that you check the availability of the different keyboards in advance of a purchase decision, with the respective manufacturers of the tablets usually providing the best-to-use accessory products.
Conclusion on choosing the right tablet
Tablets, which have modern technical components and guarantee easy operation, are a real link between standard smartphones and computers. But you can also easily turn such a device into a notebook with the help of additional accessories, so you always have an electronic companion benefit, for example, to edit documents much easier or to surf the Internet. When it comes to choosing a tablet, you should always ask yourself what you primarily use the device for and what your budget is. For example, if you prefer the Android operating system, or you prefer to use Apple models, only certain devices will work for you. Enclosed you will find a list with recommended tips that relate to three different target groups.
- Tablets for the use in the own four walls: If the device should primarily be used for surfing at home or for various multimedia applications, so the inexpensive models for beginners are recommended for you. These are already available for less than $ 100, usually using Android tablets.
- Tablets for real multimedia fans: If you want to edit images or videos, however, so the best possible performance should be ensured, which concerns the tablets. In such a case, especially the iPads from Apple are recommended for you, but with higher prices to book. It also lets you benefit from a convenient interface to your computer, as long as you use Apple Macs in practice.
- Tablets for users of the Windows operating system: In such a case, we can especially recommend to you the models of Microsoft that are marketed within the product line Surface. Thus, you benefit from high-quality workmanship, modern technical components and a convenient operating system.
Tablet FAQ – The most frequently asked questions in the overview
Which tablets are the best?
This question can not be answered with a recommendation of a specific tablet. Nevertheless, we would like to help you with our above list of the 15 best tablet computers, and you should always evaluate your individual user behaviour. Cheap tablets come, especially in the Android segment. Here are the brand manufacturers Samsung, Huawei and recommended by Amazon. On the other hand, assuming the Apple system iOS, you access a more expensive iPad, which is also available in a special Pro version. In the Windows segment, it is best to use the Microsoft Surface Tablets, which are also available in several different versions.
Which tablets do the best photos?
If you would like to use the tablet for photographing or recording videos, only selected models are suitable for you. For example, the Apple iPads of the newer generations have quite good cameras. In the Android section but also some top models are available for you to choose from.
Which tablets are recommended that can be connected to an external keyboard?
A tablet is a great option to surf the web or even edit documents while on the go. But the latter feature makes sense, especially if you use a keyboard with which the tablet can be easily coupled. The Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6 is recommended among other things. The same applies to the Lenovo Miix 720-12IKB 2-in-1 tablets and the SW312-31-C8ZK Acer Switch, which are also available for purchase at fairly good prices.