With the cordless vacuum cleaner, you clean wirelessly sensitive floor coverings, stairs, furniture, ceilings and walls. Thanks to its swivelling 360-degree swivel joints, you can even reach hard to reach areas. The handy vacuum cleaner combines the suction tube, various attachments and nozzles with the collecting container and an ergonomic handle.
Whether wet-dry vacuum cleaner, vacuum cleaner, hand vacuum cleaner or combination appliance: The cordless vacuum cleaners should bring a correspondingly high performance and stamina for every room. In the direct battery vacuum cleaner comparison, the battery life, the charging time and the suction power are among the most important criteria that decide when buying. In our guide, we explain the individual functions and answer the most common questions about the vacuum cleaner.
Top 10 Vacuum Cleaner
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: This 10 poundsEureka PowerSpeed upright vacuum cleaner is easy to use and delivers a powerful deep clean
- POWERFUL MULTI-SURFACE VACUUM: With 5 height adjustment settings this versatile vacuum can easily adapt between hard floor and deep carpet
- EXTRA-LARGE DUST CUP: With an easy empty 2 6L dust cup this bagless vacuum requires less frequent emptying for uninterrupted cleaning
- [Power Technology]: The upgrade version provides 175-watt powerful suction to meet every cleaning demands, picks up debris and dusts, crumbs and pet...
- [Root Cyclone Technology]: The filtering effect is 40-60% better than the general vacuum cleaner. When you use a S12 cordless vacuum, multi-cone...
- [Self-standing]: Need not to drill the bracket into the wall for hanging, also needn't lean against a wall, stand the vacuum anywhere when you're...
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports the Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets
- Triple Action Brush Roll loosens, lifts and removes embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surfaces
- Scatter-Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll + scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- NO LOSS OF SUCTION: The Endura filter is equipped for powerful upright vacuum cleaner performance – it’s also easily accessible plus rinsable for...
- EASY-EMPTY 1.5 LITRE DIRT CUP: Fewer, quicker, and easier trips to the trash, all with the touch of a button
- LIGHT WITH A BITE: This compact upright packs some serious multi floor cleaning power in a conveniently Lightweight design
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: A stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- Shark APEX: featuring DuoClean, Powered Lift-Away, and self-cleaning brushroll technologies.
- DuoClean Technology: Dual brushroll system deep-cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll Technology: The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal.
- Quick release handle for effortless above floor cleaning. Attach the crevice tool or dusting brush to the end of the handle for cleaning upholstery,...
- Powerful all floor suction extracts dirt and hair from hard floors and carpets ease. It’s 10.5” wide cleaning path gets the job done quickly
- Lightweight at only 7.7 pounds with its compact and featherweight design this vacuum can store in any space in your home and be carried anywhere
- [21KPa Powerful Suction + Brushless Motor]: The cordless vacuum is equipped with 200W advanced brushless digital motor, 21000Pa extreme powerful...
- [2.5H Fast Charging + Detachable Battery]: The cordless vacuum is equipped with fast charge(2.5H), the charging time is half of the charging speed of...
- [High-efficiency Air Purification Filtration]: The powerful cyclone and 4 stages HEPA filtration system capture 99.97% of fine dust as small as 0.1...
- OnePass technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the first pass
- Scatter free technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- On board storage keeps specialized tools including the turbobrush tool, dusting brush, crevice tool, and extension wand close by while cleaning
What is a cordless vacuum cleaner?
Cordless vacuum cleaners are among the latest generation of vacuum cleaners. These compact devices score with their low weight and high flexibility. They come with no wires, so you will never again look for a power outlet. They start with suction without preparation and save a lot of time. Most cordless vacuum cleaners are 2-in-1 devices that provide cleanliness as a vacuum cleaner and as a handheld vacuum cleaner. Most of the cordless vacuum cleaners are available as pedestal vacuum cleaners. Some are equipped with a flexible suction hose. Some years ago, the vacuum cleaners “only” had to clear carpets of dust and dirt.
Today, the demands on various types of soil are increasing. Tiles, parquet, PVC and sensitive floors should not be a problem for a vacuum cleaner. Even if you have no carpet in the house, buying a cordless vacuum cleaner makes sense. In comparison to the broom electric vacuum cleaner whirl up less dust. The cleaning efficiency of the vacuum cleaner is higher in many areas. However, there are some serious differences with the cordless vacuum cleaners. So the batteries are equipped with a certain running time and charging time. Learn what to look for when buying a cordless vacuum cleaner.
How does a cordless vacuum cleaner work?
While the engine of the vacuum cleaner is connected to the power outlet, the battery runs on a storage or a battery. The smart batteries need only a few hours to charge. The engine sits in the device body. By the fan creates a certain negative pressure to generate the airflow. The suction tube bundles this airflow and pulls the suction effect dirt particles and dust into its interior. The filter of the vacuum cleaner cleans the dirty air in retrospect, which is discharged clean again to the environment.
What is the difference between the vacuum cleaner and the cordless vacuum cleaner?
The conventional vacuum cleaners are quite large. In comparison, the cordless vacuum cleaners are small and handy. The best models weigh no more than 2 kilograms. The cordless vacuum cleaners, in contrast to the bottom suction, have a higher flexibility. Even if there is no outlet nearby, you can just grab and suck a vacuum cleaner. Charge the battery of the vacuum cleaner to a suitable charging station. The majority of the floor suckers drag you behind them. The sometimes very large suckers fall over, stand in the way or you get tangled up in the cable.
The vacuum cleaner consists of an adjustable suction bar, which you move back and forth. Ceilings, furniture and walls can also be vacuumed with a cordless vacuum cleaner. With conventional vacuum cleaners, the suction hose is usually not very long, so you lift the engine part to get to higher elevations. When vacuuming stairs, carry the conventional vacuum cleaner with the motor part down the stairs. Maybe the cable is not enough to suck the stairs in a barrel. That should go much easier with the cordless vacuum cleaner. Many vacuum cleaners can be converted in a few seconds to a hand vacuum cleaner.
The pros and cons of a cordless vacuum cleaner
Where there is light, there is also shade and so also cordless vacuum cleaners come not only with advantages. We would like to juxtapose the main advantages and disadvantages of these cordless vacuum cleaners so that you can quickly decide whether a wired vacuum cleaner might be more suitable for you.
- With a cordless hand vacuum cleaner, you enjoy maximum freedom of movement.
- You no longer need to search for a nearby power outlet.
- Since there is no cable, none can get entangled and knotted.
- Therefore you do not have to untangle and roll up a cable even after use.
- Cordless vacuum cleaners are usually lightweight and easy to transport.
- Usually, no bags are necessary with battery suckers, which saves follow-up costs.
- Basically you can use the handy vacuum cleaner with battery anywhere.
- Charging the battery sucker takes its time and in the worst case, you are without battery power there.
- The batteries have a very limited battery life and only last for 10 to 30 minutes.
- It is often necessary to empty the vacuum cordless vacuum cleaner.
How to clean cordless vacuum cleaner?
The majority of cordless vacuum cleaners work bagless. Only a few models are equipped with paper or textile dust bags. In the conventional vacuum cleaners, there are many models with dust bags, where again the bagless vacuum cleaners replace the bag suckers. The advantage of the bagless cordless vacuum cleaner lies in the uncomplicated cleaning of the dust container. Follow-up costs due to dust bags eliminated. In the suction power convince the conventional vacuum cleaner.
The cordless vacuum cleaners usually only last a few minutes. Some models bring a running time of 10 minutes, which is probably not enough to suck the entire apartment. With ordinary vacuum cleaners with a power connection, you can neglect these runtimes. When purchasing, you should opt for a nipple with a duration of more than 10 minutes. Further restrictions apply to the suction levels. So there are Akkusauger with normal, light and strong programs. In most cases, you can only work for a few minutes with the strong suction power before the cordless vacuum cleaner runs out of air.
The popular cordless vacuum cleaner models
Most cordless vacuum cleaners are designed to have as 2-in-1 models: handheld vacuum cleaner and vacuum cleaner. As a rule, the vacuum cleaners are equipped with a suction bar and a motor. Some models combine a flexible suction hose, making them even smaller than the standard vacuum cleaner. Battery, motor, catch basin, style and brushes come together in a coherent manner and allow a high degree of freedom of movement. Another variant is the table vacuum cleaner. These have been available for years as a battery-powered version. They absorb dirt on smaller surfaces. In the case of table vacuum cleaners, the charging station is also the storage location of the vacuum cleaner. The main focus is on the handy form and easy operation. Nevertheless, the small table vacuums quickly reach their limits when it comes to a higher suction power.
Which vacuum robot works with a rechargeable battery?
The robotic vacuum among the cordless vacuum cleaners. They self-suck according to a scheme and charge themselves when the battery is empty. These high-tech household robots do the entire floor cleaning, which leads to huge time savings. Allergy sufferers opt for special cordless vacuum cleaners that bring a HEPA filter. These are special filter systems that reliably absorb particulates and particulate matter.
Thanks to their narrow and flat shape, the vacuum cleaner robots reach the places that a normal vacuum cleaner can not reach. The operation turns out to be intuitive and easy. The leading models bring a display and buttons on the surface of the robot or can be controlled via app via the smartphone. The vacuum robot costs significantly more compared to ordinary models. Especially in very small and winding households, investing in a small, handy battery-powered vacuum cleaner would make more sense.
The cordless vacuum cleaner purchase: what should be considered?
More and more consumers are choosing a vacuum model for the vacuum cleaner. These models are considered flexible because they do without the power cord. In order to buy the cordless vacuum cleaner, which absorbs dust and dirt from the floor without residue, you should consider the following criteria when buying:
- Battery Performance: The best battery-powered vacuum cleaner is useless if the battery life fails after a few moments. Who wants to do his job without interruptions, should pay attention to a corresponding term. Convincing performance is promised by Li-Ion vacuum cleaners (lithium-ion technology) because they have a longer service life and a higher energy density.
- Suction power: pay attention to the performance. These are usually found in watts in the product description. At best, the Akkusauger combine several program levels. How to set the suction power to the current degree of contamination. In most cases, the batteries last longer if you clean with a low suction level.
- Charging times: Does it only take a few hours for the battery to be ready for use or do you have to wait up to 6 hours? At the present time, there is still no Akkuauger with charging times of less than 60 minutes. It is best to choose a vacuum cleaner with a docking station and charging station. When the job is done, click the vacuum cleaner into the holder where the device is fully charged.
- Accessories: What does the manufacturer pack in the scope of delivery. Are the battery and the charging station included? Thanks to various nozzles and attachments, you not only clean floors. They suck stairs, angles, corners, walls, upholstery and fabrics. Many models are available with crevice nozzle, brush, upholstery nozzle and floor nozzle. Some models are equipped with a special animal hairbrush that pulls stubborn pet hair out of the upholstery.
- Bagless: Most vacuum cleaner models are bagless. They combine a dust collector. Cordless vacuum cleaners with paper or textile bags must be emptied regularly. The ongoing costs should not be underestimated.
- Container Volume: The volume may be relevant at the time of purchase. If the container is full within a few suction cycles and must be emptied constantly, this can be annoying. In addition, the container should be easy to open and close with a button.
- High-pile carpets: Here battery vacuum cleaners reach their limits. Usually, the suction power is insufficient to thoroughly clean these carpets.
- Transportable: Would you like to vacuum the car with the cordless vacuum cleaner or take the nipple on vacation? Then the battery-powered 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner is suitable. The hand vacuum cleaner is ideal for travelling.
- Charging Station: There should be a power outlet near the docking station. The wall mount is more space-saving than the floor version.
- Additional functions: Self-cleaning floor nozzles cut hair or long dust fluff to absorb it without residue. Additional LED lighting on the floor nozzle illuminates dark areas and makes dirt clearly visible. The handhelds under the cordless vacuum cleaners offer a dry and wet function. The charge indicator or battery remaining time help with orientation.