If you are concerned about the privacy of your browsing, if you want to access online content that is not available in your country or if you want to be far from prying eyes, a virtual private network ( virtual private network or VPN) may be the solution you are looking for. A VPN connection will keep any curious at bay, that is, it offers you the possibility of browsing incognito.
In this article, you will find our selection of the 10 best VPN services available that allow you to hide your real location by changing your IP address. (If you prefer to know the ranking of the best free VPNs, you can check this other article). A VPN also allows you to access content or blocked web pages in certain countries, such as Netflix or BBC iPlayer. Do not miss our VPN buying tips.
Top 10 Vpn
- Absolutely zero logs are recorded or kept
- Network presence in 75+ locations with over 40,000+ shared IP addresses
- Access to more than 1,300 VPN servers worldwide
- Kill switch: Network protection stops all internet traffic if the VPN can't connect
- Split tunneling: Select which apps will use the VPN and which apps won't when your device is connected to ExpressVPN
- Widget: Connect/disconnect the VPN, change location, or check VPN status
- 1 VPN
- 2. Private Internet & Browsing
- 3. Multiple Country Support
- One-tap protection - hop on an encrypted, safe connection in a single tap
- Best location - a match made in heaven: you + the best server based on your location
- No logs (ever!) - using CyberGhost means what you do online is NEVER tracked or logged
- Online security and privacy
- Change your public IP address so no one can track your activity.
- One account for 6 VPN connections simultaneously.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Up to 50 IPsec tunnels (for site to site and client to site VPN) and five OpenVPN tunnels for iOS and Android users
- 900 Mbps firewall and 110 Mbps IPsec throughputs
- Access all streaming services privately and safely.
- Connect to 800+ servers in 50+ countries & 5 continents.
- Enjoy a strict no-logs policy: we take your privacy seriously.
- IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to hide your identity and location.
- WiFi Security, at home and on the go.
- Data Encryption. Encrypt your internet traffic with our VPN tunnel.
- Auto connect to VPN on start or device boot
- TCP or UDP Connection Mode for VPN
- Check latency for best VPN connection
- Unblock geo-restricted contents
- Free and unlimited
- Largest VPN Coverage
Does a VPN network protect me from receiving fines for streaming?
Recently, Redtube has announced in Germany (German text) that ‘streaming’ videos on the Internet are no longer safe. From now on porn sites like Redtube, Youporn, VR Porn Movies, XHamster or Pornhub there is a great risk of being asked for a disbursement of money, which lawyers know, will not lead to the client taking the pornographic site to trial and then having to describe these videos in front of a judge.
Most will simply pay these fines. A VPN protects against these payments, effectively hiding the IP and the user so that only the IP address of the VPN network is visible. So far there is no news of any VPN provider that has disclosed information from a fine to the owner of the IP. Because most VPN providers are abroad, chasing them is almost impossible. With a VPN link, one surfs with total security on the Internet, even in places where it is not clear at first sight, if the content is legal or if it is properly licensed.
Or even if one’s wife should find out about these visits or not;). On top of that, you can use the on-demand video services of Netflix, HBO or BBC, which would otherwise be geographically blocked for non-American users. Whether streaming, p2p files or access to certain hosts, a VPN network increases protection against fines and unpleasant surprises.
Why do I need a VPN network?
Normally the private sphere itself is unprotected when one surfs the Internet: The IP address identifies one completely before the owners of web pages and providers, since they have powerful computers that collect our data, which either one voluntarily provides or that simply They are obtained through our browsing habits: The products we like, our email addresses, the interests or hobbies we have, our personal data (date of birth, name etc.) and much more. With this one makes available to someone else a profile of his personality that – when the IP address is equally known – can be linked to our real name and to our address:
One becomes a transparent surfer! With the use of a VPN service, one can effectively protect against this massive attack on the private sphere, since the VPN network enables anonymous browsing. The IP address itself is replaced by an anonymous one, selected from several hundred addresses to choose from, which are provided by many different providers. Many people use VPN also play in bitcoin online casinos This brings a crucial advantage: As the provider’s server is usually distributed in different countries, IP addresses from very different regions are made available. With this, one can access blocked websites and censored content, because geographical and IP blockades are thus completely drawn.
How does anonymous surfing work?
The use of a VPN service makes it possible for you to surf anonymously. That means that you are no longer identifiable to others when you visit a website. By surfing with a normal Internet connection, anyone is easily identifiable to the website owner and provider, thanks to a unique IP address. In addition, you leave a lot of information about your person when surfing in an unencrypted form – either voluntarily or involuntarily – including favorite shopping products, hobbies, opinions, and personal data, which are collected by powerful computers. and can be used to compose an extensive profile of the user’s personality.
This can be avoided by using VPN networks. With them, you can surf through the servers of certain providers, which provide an anonymous IP address, which cannot be followed. A highly encrypted and secure VPN tunnel is built between the user’s computer and the server computer, through which all Internet activity can be performed.
Why can one avoid the problems of Hotspots and public networks using VPN?
The use of Hotspots and public networks carries great risks of data espionage, by third parties. It is easy for a professional to see the circulation of data and, in this way, to obtain confidential information, such as an email or account information. With a VPN you can easily protect yourself from such abuse. When using it, a VPN provider server acts as an intermediary. Thus, you connect to one of the servers of your VPN provider, which forwards your query anonymously – with an IP address that cannot be followed.